Monday, February 2, 2009

Dead to the world

Lately I have been so very sleepy all the damn time. When I first started working out I felt a new surge of energy and I didn't feel lazy anymore. It is great, except now I'm seriously sleepy by 7pm. Like eyes burn and everything. If I sit down at this time to read or watch TV I just pass out. I have been passing out every night for the 2 last weeks. even on the weekends!

I know that it's just the new way of life for me. A baby gets you pretty tired, now throw in working out. I guess it trips me out because I use to be a total night owl. Midnight was my bedtime...on a good day. Now I'm up by 8am every day [most days it's way earlier than that]. Pre-baby I was sleeping in till 11am! It's just such a change for me. But I'm surviving. Slowly becoming a morning person. I have to have my "happy face" on for baby.

Last night I stayed up to watch the Grammy's. G actually went to bed before me. I think I made it to 11ish and then woke up just after midnight...still on the couch. My Sunday paper horoscope was right! It was a late night! LOL.

I am taking some vitamins....but maybe I need to add another kind. G and I are sharing a jar of Centrum. We should probably get the Performance kind instead of the OG kind. Performance has more B-vitamins and ginseng. Any thoughts or tips?

One more thing - Saturday night I went to hear Ray Bradbury speak at the Sierra Madre Elementary auditorium. A, Rob, and Chris came along. This guy is OLD [89] and it was great to hear him talk about his book Fahreinheit 451. He has a great sense of humor. He kept stressing to "Do what you want and love what you do." Can't get better advice than that. He also said college was full of crap and libraries are all you need. Read! Read! Read! I love books, and libraries, and reading, and I hope to instill this in Andy.

Andy has enjoyed being read to since he was just a few weeks old. We keep a habit of reading to him nightly. His current favorite book is "Where the Wild Things Are." And I must say it's my fav too and I don't mind reading it night after night. In the middle of the book there are a few pages with no words, just pictures depicting the "wild rumpus" as Max calls it. I made my own little [wordless]tune for this section and Andy loves it! As soon as I turn the page he looks at me with this little grin like saying,"Here comes the music! I love this part, mommy." :-p Or at least that's what I think he's thinking. He just gets this big ole smile on his face. It melts my heart.

I do hope that this love for books continues to grow. I'm thinking of changing my "work from home" day to Tuesdays so that we can go to Storytime at our local Library in the mornings. It'd be nice for him to see other babies too.

Oh - we didn't get our book signed. They said only the first 100 people and there was a mad dash. His words have been imprinted into my brain and that is enough for me. :)

2 Comments:

Angelica said...

I hear ya on the early nights. N used to make fun of me because I'm out by 10 and up by 6-7. Now he's the one telling me it's bedtime at 9!

Vitamin B-complex is what I recommend and also try balancing out your meals zone style. Not necessarily getting on the zone but eating less flour-type carbs and more protein really made a difference for me.

Diana said...

congrats on seeing mr bradbury! i heard he is crazy but totally funny in real life.

as for vitamins, i take b complex, fish oil and green tea. they are cheap at costco. hope that helps!