Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The end of an era...

...the era of my Scion TC. :-(( Today......I said goodbye to my TC. My assome ass TC that I will forever love. But it was all for the better. Of course, I needed a more "family friendly" car. The 2-door was just not gonna cut it. So now I have a mommy-mobile....wow....saying that sure makes it so real...how much things are changing.

Introducing the newest member of the family:

'08 Nissian Rogue in Gotham Grey
We did some shopping at Ikea in West Covina, and then headed to Babies R Us where we finally were able to purchase the car seat that we have been waiting for since May. Afterwards, G decided that we should head to the Nissan dealership across the street to "see" the Rogue. Yeah...seeing led to test-driving which led to getting an appraisal on my TC which led to a quote which led to our magic number being offered that we could not refuse. Before I knew it we were shaking hands and emptying out my TC and driving off the lot in a new Rogue.

It all happened so fast [not really...more like almost 4 hours] that I became emotional about it all. The thought of saying goodbye to my TC was enough to bring me to tears. That TC was my first car purchase. All mine...in my name...with my momey. It was sad to see my TC go, but it had been my idea all along to get a bigger car. I seriously sat there in the showroom with tears running down my face. Would I have cried if not pregnant? Maybe....but the hormone overload just made everything so emotional. It was overwhelming. So many things have been changing....all good...but still....it's change....scary, exciting, worthwhile change.

So we have a new car. Wow...I mean YAY!

2 Comments:

diana said...

LOL, yay! Looks roomie!

Sorry I couldn't make it to your baby shower. :( Good news: I have your gift in my car! Do you want me to drop it off? Do you want to pick it up? Whatever is easiest for you, pregnant lady. ;)

Angelica said...

i foresee this new car in vegas come december...

and i foresee baby g not in vegas in december ;-D