Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Random Doings

I've been wanting to blog about The Peach Cafe in Monrovia. G and I had breakfast there on Sunday and it was sooooo good! We had to wait a while for a table [went during their Sunday rush hour] but it was so worth it. When we were paying the owner handed us a take-home menu and told us to call in before so that our table would be ready the next time. Assome!

It's a small place. They have a few tables outside which are nice on a non-hot humid morning. I don't have pictures because I can't find my camera and I was too hungry to think about my cell phone. But G had an omelet with a side of chocolate chip pancakes. Those pancakes were delicious! I had something off their weekend specials menu. It was the Peach Benedict - a giant waffle [smoked bacon, maple syrup, and cornmeal in the batter] topped with a huge piece of ham and 2 eggs covered in a cheese sauce [their version of hollandaise and so good]. I LOVED my dish. Wish they would have it on the menu permanantly. I guess it's better that they don't because then I wouldn't try any other menu items.

The Peach Cafe totally has that family-run feel. Everyone is very welcoming, especially the owner. They also found out we had just moved to the area and were gushing about how great the community was. I totally get that Sierra Madre vibe from this part of Monrovia. Love it.

If you're ever looking for a good place and are in the area - this is the place. I hear their panini's are great too!

In other news - This morning I'm taking the Rogue to get lojack and bluetooth installed. It's an all day job and they better have that rental car for me. West Covina is not my hood and I need to get shit done.

And speaking of the Rogue, it does get good gas mileage. We filled up today and it was at about 260 miles. Sticker says it gets 26 miles to the gallon highway and 21 street. This is pretty darn close to what my TC was doing. I think my TC was doing about 280 on avg. And as you can see, we've had the car for exactly one week and have driven a crap load! Times are busy trying to get things ready for baby G's arrival....which could be any day now [if he makes an early arrival].

Hopefully I'll get all of baby G's clothes and bedding washed today at my mom's [at least the stuff that is up to 6 months]. I'll be meeting up with Diana later. Can't wait! And then maybe a trip to Ikea when we pick up the car [since it's just across the way] to get the remaining furniture pieces needed.

0 Comments: