Thursday, March 6, 2008

Champagne taste on a beer budget

Lot's of good things happening today....as far as material items go. We got our giant tax return in our bank account today! Woo-hoo! That mean we're finally buying a new tv....an HDTV! Yay! But the rest is going into savings and bills. Boo. We also signed up for DirectTV [with the HD DVR receiver] today and they'll be installing it tomorrow. Yay! I missed our living room. We haven't had a tv in there for months! G is sooo lucky. He had planned to host the Laker game tomorrow and then have a poker night. He was praying that the tax return would arrive before then. 2 hours ago the check posted and in another 2 hours he'll be going to buy the tv, set it up, and then tomorrow morning the DirectTV guy will come by. Talk about "just in the nick of time."

In other news, I know I've been a bad blogger. I just can't seem to get it together after my hiatus. I never know what to blog about. But I know that the only way to get back into it is to just post my randomness everyday again. I mean, that's what my readers enjoyed anyway. So here's hoping this blog gets back to normal. I miss it too. :)

2 Comments:

diana said...

Yes, please get back to blogging...I miss reading your posts!

On a sadder note, I am jealous of your tax return. I remember the days when we used to get money back... ;(

Hopefully, now that we have a house we can get $$$ back (instead of having to pay!!) next year!!! :)

geefunk said...

So then we obviously have a "beer budget" if we're getting money back! ;) LOL I can't imagine ever having to pay.