Tuesday, April 15, 2008

You know what I don't need?

LISTERIA! It really pissed me off to find out that fucking Vons reuses their day-old deli meat in their Paninis. Are you fucking kidding me?????

I was really craving a turkey Panini with tomato so I went to Vons at lunch time. I was disappointed to find out that they were not grilling their Paninis. instead they were just heating them up, so no toasty bread. Whatever, I really wanted it. And it was still good.

So I am chatting with my brother about how they don't grill anymore [he use to work in the deli dept at Vons] and he tells me that he doesn't trust those Paninis! That it's day-old meats and he remembers how the lady's, who still work there, use to handle the meat. OMG! I make a conscience choice to eat deli meat while pregnant. Sure...many books and doctors advice against it because you may get Listeria, but no all are against. The only consolation I have is that at least my turkey was heated, and therefore potentially killed any possible bacteria. But come on Vons....are you kidding me?

Today is the day I had my last sandwich [EVER!] from Vons.

1 Comment:

gee said...

Ewww...that's gross!! I've never eaten a panini from Vons, but I can't believe that they would do that. Then subways too. Stick to hot meat gee it looks like it's safer for you and bambino.