Sunday, September 14, 2008

Caffeine Buzz


These two were made for each other. How I missed making espresso at home. I bought some illy espresso coffee at Fresh & Easy and it is the best! I have tried many different brands of espresso and this beats them all...of course...right? At almost $13 a can it is expensive, but oh so worth! I love sipping espresso from my little espresso cup & saucer set from Crate and Barrel. My sister loves it too and I can't wait for her to come over so we can enjoy it together.

Side note: I had 3 espresso cups....and....um...yeah....I thought my head might explode. It felt so weird. At least I'm not sleepy!

I mentioned Fresh and Easy. It a grocery store in our neighborhood. It reminds me of Trader Joe's and Costco put together. I love it! They sell their own brand food, but also normal stuff you would find at any grocery store [i.e. lunchables, Lays chips, Coke, Tide, Corona]. Prices are great. It's pretty small and there are only self check-out stands. I like them. It is not a one-stop shot for me, but it's on my way home when I take Foothill and it is defintiely worth the stop. I'll still be at TJ's [which is about 3 blocks from me] but I like being able to find national name brand items at a competitive price along with other specialty items.

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like Illy too. I don't get it a lot since it is a little pricey, but like you said, it's worth the money when I do buy it!

gee said...

My mother-in-law buys illy too. Those espresso makers are cool huh? They come in all different sizes.
I only get to make it when we have family over. That's when I get to enjoy a cup and the smell.