Monday, December 10, 2007

I am un-american...

...because I cheered for Ricky Hatton at Saturday's boxing match against Pretty Boy Mayweather. Look Hugie, I could give less of a shit about either one of these boxers, but Mayweather is an arrogant bastard. But enough of this nonsense.

Friday
I was hoping for a nice low-key Friday night since I had been feeling pretty crappy all day, but some how my loving husband ended up having boys night in....with me home....not cool. But I played the cool wife and played xbox 360 for a while, but when more guys showed I called it a night. I tried to read, but passed out instead. Nothing like a loud bunch of guys to put me to sleep. Seriously, I could sleep through anything if I wanted to.

Saturday
I slept in and then got ready to head to my parents house. My brother had ordered the fight on Direct TV HD and I planned to hang out over there all day since G had to work. I dropped him off and then headed over. I did a whole lot of nothing since my parents weren't even home [they went to TJ]. Watched a lot of tv with my brother and niece. Later on some peeps showed up for the big boxing match. We ordered pizza and watched a great fight, then called it a night. I really do hate dislike Mayweather. He's so fucking cocky. Ricky Hatton is like the people's fighter. But whatever....i don't care enough to argue anymore.

Sunday
Once again we headed to my parents house. My mom called to invite us over for some handmade tortillas [aka heaven on earth], carne asada, beans, cacique cheese, chile al molcajete. It's all wonderfully good and authentic [I should take pictures next time...wait...my dad was taking pictures. Must ask him to email them]. She tricked us into staying longer by saying she was making Posole for dinner, but after all the crazy Christmas decorating that was going on in that house, she didn't have time to make it. But we kept busy watching football and napping. We topped of the night with some non-greasy fast food from Everest [the Tops alter ego in Altadena - owned by the brother of the Tops establishment. Practically the same menu], and then a quick trip to Tarjay.

G & I got sucked in to the TV movie For One More Day based on the book by Mitch Albom. It was pretty good.

As for today - My mom tells me she's making the Posole today. So once again we'll be spending the evening at my parents house. But on the bright side, this means I get to watch the season finale of The Hills! Woo-hoo! Here's to a great week!

1 Comment:

diana said...

I love it when ur weekends revolve around sleeping/eating/tv. It makes me happy that someone else enjoys the "finer" things in life. LOL.