Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Stewie: What's that? Oh yes, yes. I love crack. I'm absolutely coo-coo for crack!

On Monday, my cousin Cat and I went to Dot's Cupcakes for some breakfast cupcakes. She had been wanting a red velvet cupcake for a while. She'd heard they were good but never had one. I told her about two bakeries in Pasadena that sold good red velvet cupcakes - Dots [on Arroyo Parkway] & Violet's Bakery [on Holly St]. We went to Violet's Bakery first, but they're closed Mondays - boo. At Dot's we got a few red velvet and pumpkin cupcakes. The red velvet was really good. Very moist and fresh. I haven't tried the pumpkin, but Cat said it was to spicy for her tastes. The best part of this story...she said my pumpkin cupcakes [that I baked back in October] were way better! Take that Dot's! That made my day...maybe even week. Thanks Martha Stewart for a yummy recipe!


Last night I made it a blockbuster night. First I watched Hairspray which I really enjoyed. Then G picked up Waitress on his way home from playing basketball. I really liked this movie. It was very cute. Especially since I've been watching Felicity on dvd, I'm lovin' Kerri Russell. Made me wanna bake a pie!


Tonight, G & I are heading out to watching my cousin Mariela's high school soccer game over at Duarte High School. She has 2 evening games coming up and really wanted us to check her out. I might try to make it tomorrow too [same place @ 5pm].

Happy Hump Day!

1 Comment:

diana said...

I am so glad Violet's was closed. I got bad service there 1 time. The chocolate cupcake I got was blah.
I've heard rave reviews about Dot's--I can't wait to try it!
Red velvet- I'm salivating! :)