Monday, December 3, 2007

WEEKEND RUNDOWN

I had a very good football filled weekend!

Friday
G & I had dinner at Barney's LTD. in Old Town. I had been craving a really good cheeseburger and ended up ordering the Samuel Adams battered Halibut & Jumbo Shrimp. Not sure how that happened. But it was so good! I think the last time I had fish & chips was over 2 yrs ago. After dinner we headed over to my job to do the end of month closing. We then headed home to watch a movie and call it an night.

Saturday
We got up early to get the apartment all cleaned up since we had some friends coming over for the big UCLA vs USC football game. People started showing up just before 1pm. We had about 9 people over. Out of those 9 there was 1 USC fan. Adee is not really a fan....she just goes to the school. It was a sad game. It wasn't even fun to watch. It hurt to see UCLA go down so bad.


After the game we headed to my parent's house for dinner. My cousin Chris came over with the new game "Rock Band." This game is so much fun! I actually played guitar and bass! But since the boys are the instrument players they made me sing the entire time. That shit was hard! But I did pretty good. I actually got 100% in vocals in one of the song [Yeah Yeah Yeahs - "Maps"]. I was amazed how you could actually learn to play an instrument with this game. If you play it enough. Especially the drums.
Sunday
Was spent just like any other sunday. G worked and I stayed home and lounged all day watching football. Later we ordered Chinese to watch the evening game. Very uneventful. Except I did stay up an watch Desperate Housewives and was PO'd when they didn't show who died at the end. Sure you can totally guess, but why couldn't they just tell us?!?!? Who knows when this show will be back! Argh! 1 entire hour of my life I will never get back....almost as bad as that hour during The Bachelor Finale. Disappointment.


I also wanted to take a moment and share just how amazing G's pesto is. He made it on Thursday and it was so good I could have ate the entire pack of pasta. I also made a Caprese salad that was deelish! I love G's pesto because it isn't nutty. I hate it when the pine nuts are whole or the sauce is chunky. G knows this and made sure it wasn't nutty. It was so perfect! Yum! I want more of this for dinner tonight! Thanks babe!




And here's a couple pictures of our wedding cake. I know a few of you had been wondering how it was. It looked pretty good considering.




Heroes Season Finale tonight! Boo that it's ending so soon. :(

2 Comments:

Angelica said...

Burgers, beer, chocolate cake and pasta! Why must you torture me so???

gee said...

That pasta does look deelish! It's 9 am and that pasta got me hungry just looking at it.