Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Busy Bee

The day before a vacation is always the busiest. Even work decided to get in on the mix and take up some of my precious time. I mean, seriously, who actually does work at work? [insert evil laugh here]

Tomorrow we leave for our 4 day trip to Yosemite National Park ["we" as in the hubby & I, my brother, sister, her boyfriend, co-worker cousin chris, cousin tony, & my bff mario]. I am super excited to get out of town and into the wilderness. But sorta nervous too. I've camped twice before, but with experienced people, and never with my inexperienced family. That makes me the "experienced" one. Scary! Guess i'll embrace it. I'm just glad the family is finally up for some camping. We never were the camping kind. I guess our Mexican parents never really got the point. Back when I was in high school we took a family trip to Yosemite [with stops in Lake Tahoe, Reno, Las Vegas, and the Grand Canyon]. My parents rented the biggest most awesome cabin ever. They never even gave camping a thought. Those are the kind of wilderness trips we took. In college, I had my first and second camping experience and loved it! The first was at a hot beach and the second at a cold & windy lake. Both equally fun. It was then that I began to look back and wish that our family had been the camping type. So maybe this is the beginning of something. I certainly plan to do it with my own family in the future.

Well ladies and gents, rain and possibly snow are in the forecast for our trip. Wish us luck that we don't freeze out there! Many many many pictures will be shared next week. Until then....stay cool [and warm] and dry this weekend.


SIDE NOTE

If stupid sprint decides to grace us with it's presence while in the Yosemite Valley, I will send updates to twitter, which you can read on the upper right hand corner of my blog. So feel free to check back daily to see what we're up to!

3 Comments:

gee said...

Sounds like fun g!! I so want to camp someday, but R is not quite a camper.
Enjoy the wilderness and happy camping.

Ms. Dio said...

I rented a cabin up in Idylwild for my husband's 28th birthday (he's a December baby) a few years back. We got there on a Saturday evening, went out for a night on the town, got back to the cabin and we literally froze! The thermostat wasn't working. We cuddled in bed wearing our sweaters, jackets, gloves, socks, and SHOES in order to keep warm under the covers! It was so freakin' cold, we got up at 6am and came back home Sunday morning. We haven't attempted a camping trip, or renting another cabin since. We crack up when we think about it now, but it really sucked back then.

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean!! Our parents wree weird not to ever take us camping. My first experience was in Idaho on the Snake River, it was awesome and scary at the same time. Now, we take the kids camping on the beach to San Felipe every year. With the tents, the sleeping bags and the dirt...the whole works. The next time I would love to go to Yosemite and camp out there...when they get older, that is!!