Friday, September 7, 2007

Ready, Set , Go!

I have so much that I've been wanting to blog about and have had no time. And this time I even have pictures to share. I don't know how I'm gonna sort this out, but I'm gonna go all the way back to the weekend and share with you what I've been up to.

Friday & Saturday
The night started off with dinner at Wokcano for my cousin's b-day. It was hotter than hell in their outdoor patio, but we managed to stay semi-close-to-cool with lots of Stella's. No need to say more so enjoy the pictures below.










After dinner, a few of us headed off to the dirty-fiver....i mean the 35er for a few more drinks. I then ditched my party for a spontaneous midnight trip to Joshua Tree National Park to check out an impending meteor shower.

The road trip consisted of my brother, cousin, BFF and myself. My brother had agreed to meet up with a few other mini cooper owners. We met up with 3 other minis in Azusa, and then we all headed out to Cabazon to meet up with 3 other mini owners. From there we beelined it to Joshua Tree.

We arrived around 3am, found an open area with some picnic tables and just hung out and waited out till the 4:30am when the meteor shower was to peak. Unfortunately, the shower was more of a sporadic sprinkle. In a 2 hour period we saw about 20+ meteors. But all big and nice nonetheless.

The mini owners left us shortly after 4:30am, but we stuck around for another 15 min. That's when the coyotes woke up and started howling all around us. Scary times so we peaced out. On our way back we made a quick stop at the Cabazon Dinosaurs. I hadn't stopped here since I was a kid. It was a beautiful time to see them. Eyes & mouth still glowing green, just as the sun was beginning to rise.

After a few pictures, we continued our drive home. Unfortunately, I had to make a quick appearance at work before 7am [made it to work at 7:15am]. After my work detour we headed over to Andy's Coffee Shop for breakfast. Great cheap food just down the street from PCC.

By the time we were all ready to finally get some sleep it was already around 80 degrees outside. It was going to be another 100+ day. I knew our apt. would be nasty hot and the hubby had already headed off to work, so I opted to get some z's at my mom's air conditioned home.

The rest of Saturday consisted of a shower and more sleep and food, and then a visit to my in-laws recently remodeled home. We had some friends over to our place later that night, but nothing special happened.

The pics the the left are from our road trip. The fancy night shots were taken by another mini owner with a fancy ass camera [some day I'll have the fancy ass camera too]. I'd like to give him credit, but have no idea who the guy is. The dinosaur stop pics were taken by me.

Sunday
My cousin had a 21st b-day party that we attended. Great people, food, and drinks.

Monday
Swung my my MIL's home. Hung out by a pool [at my cousin Jessica's house], trying to stay cool. Left shortly after they had a power outage [damn rolling black-outs].

Overall, exciting weekend. This week has been great too, mostly due to the drop in temps. Loving this mildly warm weather! Can't wait for summer to be over!

On the agenda for the weekend:

- dinner tonight with my assome friend A
- Baptism in Chino tomorrow
- Lazy Sunday that should be spent working on the prototype invite for my sister-in-law's 15ñera. That means a trip to Paper Source! Woo-hoo!

Have a fab weekend everyone! And I promise to be a better blogger next week.

0 Comments: