Tuesday, May 6, 2008

YouTube Tuesday [and some...]

This video is long, but it's interesting!



Hope you made it thru that.

I also wanted to blog about yesterday. Me, G, my bro, and Chris went to see a taping of the Jay Leno show yesterday. The guests were Robert Downey Jr [who is assome! I love him. He is just as hilarious in person], Carlos Men-steal-ia [whom we all hate and I originally boo'd but got the evil eye from security. So instead we opted to not clap or laugh at his jokes], and the musical act was Rascal Flatts [not a fan, but they were cool]. Overall the show was alright. It was mostly interesting to see how the show works behind the scenes. We all agreed Jimmy Kimmel is better.

After the show we had dinner at Philly's Best in Burbank. One of the maybe I think producers on the show owns this franchise in Burbank. They kept talking about it before the show and it totally brought back my yet unsatisfied craving for a cheesesteak [ever since watching Bobby Flay's Cheesesteak Throwdown].

My brother and I had the Philly's Best which included grilled onions, mushrooms, peppers, and american cheese. This was bangin'! I've never been to Philly so I can't compare, but this was damn good. G had the Philly with Cheese Wiz [steak and cheese]. Also very good, but not as flavorful as ours. Chris had the Philly with provolone. I would totally eat there again, but it's too far. Thankfully there is a Philly's Best here in Pasadena! It's on Raymond Ave by the Del Mar station. Owned by someone else, but the owner of the Burbank local asked us to visit this place as they just opened and need customers. BTW, the owner over at Burbank is totally cool. He talked to us while ordering and then came out to see how we liked our cheesesteaks. Oh! And the fries are good too. :) Can't wait to have another!

Philly's Best - Burbank, CA
1419 West Olive Street
Burbank, CA 91506
818-840-8700

Philly's Best - Pasadena, CA
at Del Mar Station
220 S. Raymond Avenue, Suite 102
Pasadena, CA 91105
626-449-2378

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet, sounds like I'll need to hit up that Pasadena spot. Thanks for the heads up!