Friday, November 9, 2007

ipod on shuffle

***i was going to save this post for another day, but I don't post on the weekends. So might as well do it now.


I've noticed that quite a few of the blogs I frequent have been posting the first 10 songs that play on their ipods when on shuffle. So of course bitches....i'm jumping on this wagon too! So here are my songs with a bit of commentary attached. Have fun reading and do this if you haven't yet.

iPod on Shuffle:

1. J-Kwon - Tipsy: Wow....i can't believe out of the 2,000+ songs this one played first. I can't even remember the last time I heard it! This is so college. Interesting enough, I totally started bobbing my head and wanting to hit the dance floor. Hip-hop use to be a constant staple in my rotation....not so much these days.

2. Lauryn Hill & Bob Marley - Turn You Lights Down Low: I love this collaboration. This song is just so sexy.

3. Madonna - Isaac: This is from the "Confessions On A Dance Floor" album. This whole album just gets me into party mode.

4. Janes Addiction - Just Because: Never was a huge Janes Addiciton fan, but I did love this song....and I know I'm one of millions. We went to the last year of Lolapolooza and they closed the show [went on after Audioslave. Let's just say a good chunk of people left 3 songs in. Jus twasn't that great. Couldn't follow the hype of what was Audioslave at the time.

5. Common feat. Kanye West - Southside: What can I say? Two of my favorite artists coming together to make fantastic music. This Common album continues to be part of the rotation in car [one of 6 CDs in my player - sad for no ipod connection].

6. Julieta Venegas - Andar Conmigo: One of the few latin artists on my ipod....and she is a great one. I love this mellow song. I really should import more of my CDs. Most of my latin music has yet to be imported.

7. Jennifer Lopez - Waiting For Tonight: Holy crap its J-Hoe! Haven't heard her music since this song came out! LOL To think that just this morning I watched the video of her finally announcing her pregnancy. Shuffle sure is random! hahahaha This song makes me wanna dance in a rainy jungle.

8. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Breaking Girl: One of my all time favorite bands. Seen them live twice [first with Stone Temple Pilots and second with The Mars Volta]. Coulda been 3 times but my friend lost the tickets once....the horror....i know.

9. Ashley Simpson - Pieces of Me: Should I be embarrassed? Dude.....why doesn't the good stuff ever play when your ipod is on random? Maybe I should stop downloading every random song that comes out. Oh Ashley....poor Ahsley....

10. Audioslave - Wide Awake: At least this countdown ends with a band I actually Loved. As super Rage Against the Machine fan...I naturally became a Audioslave fan. Even waiting for hours in line at concerts and at the Jimmy Kimmel Show to be center stage when they played on Hollywood Blvd. I was there when they played the Rage covers and got shut down because the crowd got so crazy [not that we could tell from the front row]. It was awesome.

0 Comments: