Tuesday, November 20, 2007

We all grieve in different ways...

As most of you readers know by now, I'm a pretty big Kanye West fan. I usually steer clear from reporting on any sort of celebrity gossip, and will continue to do so. But for the last few days I have been feeling the need to express my condolences to Kanye o n my blog. Today is the funeral for his mother, Donda West. It's just so incredibly sad when anyone loses someone who is close to them, and it's even sadder when it's your mother and best friend [let alone that she was taken before her time]. Kanye seemed like a total mamas boy and was happy to admit it when he and his mother were on the Ellen Degeneres Show last month. So imagine the pain he must be going through.

Kanye has been getting a lot of shit because he has started touring again after canceling a few shows. The media needs to give it up and let this man grieve in his own way - by being on stage where his mother loved to see him. I think the latest video to pop up on You Tube from his concert this past Sunday in Brussels says it best. Check out the video below.








"Th-th-that that don't kill me
Can only make me stronger.."

- Kanye West - "Stronger"

0 Comments: