Tuesday, November 27, 2007

What's going on in my hood

I'm having trouble getting together this post for the weekend rundown. There is just so much info and so many pictures and so little time. But, If I wait any longer then this post will never make it up. So here's a quickie on some random happenings.

Last night my cousin Chris brought over the new Scene It game. We played a few games before Heroes and it was soooo much fun! This game is awesome. Especially fun with the new special buzzers it comes with. Really adds to the game. I sucked so bad. I came in 3rd the first game and 4th the second game. Sucks. It sucks more when you think you're so good with movie trivia and your really not.

Only one more episode of Heroes left! Damn writers strike. I mean more power to them, but I hate having shows cut off before their time.


I also want to write up a little something about our first anniversary Sunday. We didn't have plans since G didn't know he'd have the day off until earlier that week. He later told me he had tried to get us tickets to go see "Wicked" but there weren't any non $200 tickets. Sp we started the day with brunch at the Twin Palms in Old Town. We were lucky to get a table without reservations. *Tip: Go early if you don't have reservations! Later on there are too many huge parties. So brunch was of course freakin good! They have the best food.

Some how, for the rest of the afternoon we ended up tv shopping. We're gonna be losing our borrowed tv [we were storing his dad's huge tv] so we need to buy our own now. We're looking at a 36" - 42" LCD HD TV. And we don't want to spend over $1300. Any suggestions?

Later in the evening we went for our usual anniversary dinner at Cafe Santorini [back in Old Town]. We've been coming to this restaurant for our anniversary for like 6 or 7 years now. We love this place and have endured the changing menu. It started off more Greek, then turned Mediterranean and now it seems to be more Italian/Mediterranean. But no matter what it's always great. And we always order at least one of the daily specials. They never disappointed. I have pictures and wanted to get more detailed on our meal, but I'm short on time now.

We also wanted to watch a movie, but the times were conflicting with our dinner plans. We ended up renting a movie. After wandering a tiny blockbuster for 30 min we finally agreed to rent "Evening." It was good....not great. We paired this movie up with some year old wedding cake and a glass of the same prosecco we toasted with at our wedding. I was so scared to try the cake, but it was actually good. It had 4 layers and the inner 2 layers were very good. The outter 2 were a bit on the too moist side. But the frosting withstood time and was the exact same texture. It was deelish! I have pics....but of course no time to post. Tomorrow!

All in all it was a great low-key anniversary. I loved that it was based around food.


That's it for now. Tomorrow I'll provide links to pictures. Which I think I'm gonna have to pay up and upgrade to flickr pro so i can continue to upload my hundreds of pictures. *Sigh*

1 Comment:

gee said...

Sound like it was a great anniversary. Many more to you both and also glad to hear your cake tasted good. Wonder if our cake will taste the same.