Thursday, June 28, 2007

"Death of Sprint"

Many of you out there might remember my whining about Sprint PCS and how I couldn't wait for our contract to end in June. I even had a countdown to "The Death of Sprint" on my cell phone. Well guess what kiddies.....that time is now! Our [what seemed like] 10 yr contract with the evil Sprint is finally over and we are SOOOOOOOO ready to move on to greener pastures. But I fear that the grass may only seem greener on the other side. I'm willing to take the risk.I know many of you still love Sprint, but G and I have been over it for quite some time now. I'm tired of dropped calls, sudden decline in signal, double text messages, mysterious charges on our bill and an extra $50 in tax fees. We both also hate the fact that Sprint has quit trying to have "cool phones." All the other wireless companies have way mo'better phones.

With that said....NO we will not be dropping $500-$600 on the new Apple iPhone. That's sheer madness. I don't believe in getting first generation anything. They only come with more troubles [*cough*windows vista*cough*]. Wait till all the kinks have been sorted out and AT&T decides to give a discount.

So what do I want? A Blackberry Pearl. I am in love....and I am happy to return to AT&T for it. If T-Mobile had better coverage I might give em a try. If Verizon carried the phone I'd probably go with them. The next step is having some spare change to make the move. Something that doesn't seem likely in the near future. :-( But I have hope...

So what do you guys think? Is the iPhone worth it? Tomorrow's the day! [so far i hear there is 1 crazy girl camping out in front of the Apple store in Old Town - ABC7 news crew has proof] And in a month's time we'll find out from the new owners if it is. What about the Pearl? Anyone got it or know someone who has it? My sister just got it, but she's only had it for a few days.






UPDATE: Just read that there will be a new Blackberry Pearl [will be called Blackberry 8120] in September! It'll have new colors, 2.0 mega pixel camera, GPS AND WiFi!!! I am soooo waiting for this! And it looks like T-Mobile might be the one to carry it.....hmmm....guess it might be T-Mobile after all.


More Info...

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Is it a contract between a customer and a service provider out there? We don't have such a thing in my place -Oman-

iphone - in my humble opinion - is not a good choice, not when it is first release at least. on the other side, it seems you really want Blackberry Pearl, so i say GO for it