Wednesday, June 27, 2007

WEEKEND RUNDOWN

(Late.....i know...but I needed my camera!)

FRIDAY

The cupcakes were a success! Only one negative response [*ahem*cat*no names*]. So my crazy day began with 4.5 hrs of sleep & work, then running home at lunch time to bake a final batch of the chocolate peanut butter cupcakes [thanks babe for finishing the job for me!], back to work, home to decorate all cupcakes, shower & get ready for party....arrive at party. The party was a lot of fun. Mostly my sister's friends. We have a huge family and we all always party together (no matter what age - older, younger), but for some lame ass reason the "older" cousins decided they were "too old" for the crowd. WTF? I know you all are reading this so don't ever give us the lame bullshit again. I'm older than most of the kiddies at the party but I had a damn good time! So what gives? Too cool for school? Anyways........Everyone else had a great time. We danced, ate lots of good food, got almost drunk, and finished the night off with some hookah @ 2am [that made me drunk - little oxygen = very dizzy]. Good times....good times...


I <3>
Birthday Girl!



"Ruby Red"





SATURDAY

Since we passed out at my parents house [really just too lazy to drive home], we were all up early [others crashed there too] sharing stories, eating menudo [best hangover cure] and cleaning up the backyard. G had to work later that afternoon so we headed home where I managed to take a 4 hour nap! Man I can sleep! After my nap, I got ready for another birthday party. This time for a 4 yr old. More good food and fun family time. Bedtime around midnight after doing some reading [currently reading "Rosie Dunn" by Cecelia Ahern - but you have to read "PS I Love You" by the same author. Great book!].

SUNDAY

Got up around 11am [I really tried to get up earlier...i swear]. G had to work early so I just stayed home and gave the apt. a much needed cleaning. Once G got home we ordered food and continued with our Beverly Hills 90210: Season 1 marathon [on disc 4 of 6]. Hit the sack early.

*****AND since it's so late****

MONDAY


You didn't miss anything. It was a lame Monday. Work, dinner at my moms, then we all [my bro & chris] headed back to our apt. to watch Reno 911: Miami and Breach . Reno 911 was stupid but funny. Good thing it was short.

Breach was good. We were impressed by Ryan Phillipe's acting while acting [you know...when an actor acts while acting in a role....not sure that helped any :-/].



*
*
*
*
*



*** I'd like to give a shout out to Natalie from Bake & Destroy for commenting on my cupcakes!
And as promised, here are some of the finished pics [the chocolate peanut butter cupcakes are topped with a reeses pieces]:









8 Comments:

Anonymous said...

the 30-something year olds left...food was good. and the 'negative response' wasn't meant to be negative...i just prefer animal fat in my food. errr...no, this is not *cat*...

geefunk said...

Adee-doo is not 30 *yet* and neither is the helenator.

[shrugging shoulders]

Anonymous said...

Well I'm almost 30 and... [jumping off the 2nd floor] :'(

Thanks for the non-getsofatassihavetotakeupbulimia recipe!

Kids, belimia is bad, very bad and not in a cool look at me I'm a bad ass. Don't try this at home.

Anonymous said...

adee-doo is a hop-skip-and-a-jump-away from 30 which makes her 30. and helen...she's a mom. [can't think of another reason] or maybe she had a more 'banging' party to attend??

Anonymous said...

ohhh, almost forgot:
the icing was BANGING!

Anonymous said...

Animal fat or not, those cupcakes were banging! That 30 year old is just whining like an old lady :)

Anonymous said...

Who is that muscular guy on the grill. Geee, don't tell me that's your husband. Wow! He is one hot man. No offence.

Anonymous said...

hey, anonymous #2,
why don't you tell me who you are and meet me in the parking lot after school! whining like an old lady...i'll show you what whining is...
haahahahaha