Tuesday, June 19, 2007

WEEKEND RUNDOWN

FRIDAY

Lazy day. I took a half day at work and the hubby and I did some napping [;o)] and then some shopping for the big baptism we had Saturday. We made a few pit stops, but favorite was hitting up H&M for a dress. Dress shopping is hard for me because I tend to have a hard time fitting my boobs into petite sizes [I'm 5'2" with D cups]. But i found a super cute dress that fit perfectly! It was a bit "revealing" at the top, but I planned to wear it with a short-sleeve cardigan. Too bad I can't find a pic online and I'm not at home to take one.

We ended the night by having sushi at our fav place - Ichima, in Hastings Ranch. I'll post a little about Ichima in a new post.

SATURDAY

Today G and I welcomed our 3rd God Child (G's 5th)! The lucky gal is G's newly adopted step-sister. We are quite the popular couple these days. I think it's because we are young and married. At least it's what we've been told. Seems like none of the other "young" couples are getting married these days. I've noticed that when choosing god parents, some people really want a couple....others don't mind having 2 separate god parents. I don't think I mind so much.

This day began early with a 10:30am baptism that didn't begin till 11am. Followed by a 2pm party [joint birthday party for the adopted brother that also got baptized]. It was hot and I don't particularly enjoy playing hostess just because I'm the "madrina." It was nice overall.

We ended the evening by hitting up a last minute party for a friend. However this "party" turned out to be a bunch of guys drinking - with my sister and I crashing. We all enjoy hanging out together so it isn't a first. I'm usually the only girl that hangs out with all of our guy friends. I don't mind so much, but lately I've been wishing these guys would get some girlfriends already [hint hint]! Anyway, some how I made it till 2am, completely sober! That's a first for me.

SUNDAY

I hope all you pappas out there had a nice Father's Day. I'm still bewildered by the comment my mother-in-law made. Being the nice guy that my hubby is, he calls his mom's hubby to wish him a happy father's day. Fair enough...they just adopted 2 kids. Well his mom was confused by the phone call. She asks if Americans celebrated father's like Mexicans celebrated mother's. Huh? Was she not married to my father-in-law for over 15 years? I then asked G* if they ever celebrated this day which he said they did. I think he was equally confused. Things that make you go hmmmm....

But I stray.....we had a lovely day that began with my usual last minute gift/card shopping at Target. We then went to lunch with my dad and family to our favorite sushi restaurant ICHIMA over at Hastings Ranch [best sushi - I could eat here everyday]. My dad loves sushi but never gets to go out and eat it since my mom has never enjoyed that sort of thing. But now my mom has come to love certain cooked rolls and has been wanting to go! Worked out perfectly. Everyone was beyond stuffed. And my dad was happy he got to enjoy the Mexico v. Costa Rica soccer game while having lunch. The staff was kind enough to tune in one of their 4 TV's to the game.

For dinner we headed over to my step-mother-in-law's family's home for a big Cuban style BBQ. Fantastic food! They made the most delish garlic bread on the grill! I love visiting this family. They are such a welcoming tight knit Cuban family. And boy do they know how to have a good time! It was all good until I got home and had a slight cause of the runs. [blushing] I think i ate too much!

*FYI: from now on I am referring to my Hubby as G.

Check out this Father's Day spoof video. Funny Stuff.

0 Comments: