Wednesday, June 20, 2007

R.I.P - Antonio Aguilar

The 88 yr old Mexican singing legend has passed on. After struggling with pneumonia, Antonio Aguilar passed late Tuesday night. A sad day for the Mexican people as well as his family, as he was beloved by all. Especially by my family members.

Aguilar recorded more than 170 records and appeared in more than 160 films. He made famous rodeo-style shows on horse back, which he performed in with his wife, Flor Silvestre, his children, and his dancing horses. He took his show on the rode in the 1970's, and by doing so opened the door in the United States to more Latin American artists.

My mom was just telling me that my grandfather went to Seminary school with Antonio Aguilar for 2 years, since they are both from the great state of Zacatecas and the same age. They became good friends, but lost touch after Antonio reached fame. Still, my grandfather was always a fan. Media outlets are now trying to get an interview from my grandfather, but he isn't much for that.

Rest in Peace Antonio

0 Comments: