Tuesday, June 12, 2007

WEEKEND RUNDOWN

Yeah I slacked and haven't blogged in 4 days. Days have been full of some heavy thinking....that, however, is a post for a different time. So here is my 4 day recap.


Friday
Thought about calling out [stomach has been bothering me for days], but came in and did some work and then left early. Just felt like crap so why stick around. Went home and took a nice long nap. Then hung out with a friend later that night since my Hubby was working late. We did some shopping and then had dinner at the Yard House. This was in downtown Brea which I'd never been too. Pretty cool area. I actually want to go back to the comedy club, IMPROV, to check out Pablo Francisco in August. I thought he had fallen off the face of the planet, but he's still doin' stand up! I've always like him.

For more info....

Saturday
Went with my sister to Ikea. She needed new stuff and some how I spent $150. I have a problem. That took up about half our day. We seriously hung out in every room setup. I love shopping with my sister....but we don't do it enough. The night ended with dinner at an Aunts house and then a squabble with the Hubby on the way home. All is fine now.....fear not. Passed out early....lame right?

Sunday
Hubby worked early so I basically did nothing till he got home. I wasn't feeling inspired to clean or do laundry. Plus, we had the John Mayer Concert to attend later on. I did however, spend most of my afternoon attempting to kill a colony of ants that has set up camp in our kitchen. Serio. No fun. I freakin' hate ants. And now I can feel them crawling on me at all times even though they aren't. But my mom gave me the bright idea to sprinkle powdered detergent soap where ever they are coming out of. This proved to be easier said than done since the ants are coming from behind our upper cabinets. Bitches. But this method has been extremely effective. We are now down to 4-8 ants on the counter wall instead of the 25-30 all over the place. I was seriously considering moving out.


John Mayer Concert
He deserves his own recap. Lemme just say I love the Hollywood Bowl. I hear a lot of people bitch and complain about the shuttle system but I think it is the best friggin' idea. They should have this for all concerts. I love being able to catch a shuttle here in town and not have to mess with Hollywood traffic. I don't care that we only get 25 minutes to return to the shuttles at the end of the night which is virtually impossible. I like the thrill of almost getting left behind! hehehe....

Oh John.....how I love thee. This was my first JM concert and will definitely not be my last. He is just so great live! His voice....his playing....his charisma. He puts on a fantastic show and has a great sense of humor. We were sitting in the BFE as we're poor at the moment and we could only afford the cheapest tickets which still cost a pretty penny at $46.67 a pop. Regardless, good times were had all around. Lots of wine, food, wine....more wine....and who said you can't take alcohol in to leased events. Just do like the pros and dump your wine into a plastic beverage container. Security only cares about glass and cans. They'll do a double take on the "grape juice" but never say a thing. My brother even mixed some Jagger bombs and put that in another container and it was cool.

Monday
Nothing happened. I just failed to blog since I had to catch up on work. Whatever ideas I had for yesterday will be posted in the next post as ideas for today. Oh yeah....we did watch Stomp The Yard. We went to blockbuster to exchange our movies [another great invention] and my brother picked this one up while i chose Catch And Release [been in a chic-flick mood]. I'll be watching that tonight. Anyways, back to Stomp the Yard. It was good. Good for stomping/battling scenes. Other than that the storyline was completely predictable. We enjoyed it nonetheless.








0 Comments: