Monday, July 9, 2007

WEEKEND RUNDOWN [and some]

Happy Monday internet friends. Hope you all had a fabulous weekend. My weekend was pretty alright. Let's begin...


FRIDAY

I was sick. Been dealing with bizarro stomach pains. Sharp pain that comes and goes...sorta like contractions. All over my mid-section, but the sharp pain is mostly focused on my upper stomach area. No se. I stopped caffeine once again and that helped. Lighter meals helped too. I slept it off on so our evening was boring. BUT - we did watch the "Spring Dance" episode from 90210! But I think the season finale was one of the best I've seen. Making us believe the Walsh Family was moving back to Minneapolis, fooled me the first time around! Great episode. Now I have to go buy recently releases Season 2!

SATURDAY

After having to convince G to go to the beach, we finally made it out around 1pm along with a few cousins & friends. Went out to Bolsa Chica where my sister was already at. It was packed! Beautiful day, but it was already getting very very windy by the time we arrived. Water was surprisingly clean and blue and not too cold. Got some color, but definitely not enough. Good time were had by all. Headed back, we all grabbed dinner at my other fav Pasadena spot - TOPS. Love me a great turkey burger. Then we headed home and showered. We ended the night at a friends house where I had my first Flamin' Dr.Pepper shot. That shit is killer! It creeps up on you...good stuff though. And it does taste like Dr.Pepper.










SUNDAY

Got up at the ungodly Sunday hour of 9am to do 3 loads of laundry before heading out to my parents house for the Mexico game and chicharones, carnitas, and micheladas. Best artery clogging food ever. Better than pastrami. Managed to take care of another 3 loads of laundry at my parents house during the game. Good times.

We then headed out to Paseo Colorado to see Transformers. I really really liked this movie. I thought it was great. I was sooo hesitant to watch this movie even though I enjoyed the cartoons as a kid. Guess I'm just tired up sorry remakes. But this......takes the cake. Best summer action film hands down. In my opinion, Shia LaBeouf [who I'm not much of a fan of] was a perfect cast in this role. He really can dish the cheesy lines along with the serious demanding lines. There were many many cheesy scenes in this film [why was Miss Australian-Code-Breaker-Scientist wearing 4 inch heels throughout the film? Why do I not believe Meagan Fox is in high school], but it worked. And the special effects were great. Everyone I've talked to really enjoyed the film. I would definitely see this film again.


MONDAY

Sucks - work...then some deep cleaning of the apt because I thought my mom was coming over [aka Danny Tanner with the white glove]. She didn't....opened up a bottle of wine...watched some SATC and passed out. I did have to stop drinking when I realized G kept filling my glass without asking. Think he was trying to liquor me up?

***Thanks cat for the yummy wine.


0 Comments: