Sunday, July 15, 2007

Wine + Music + Friends = Good Times!

Just finished doing 3 loads of laundry and trying to figure out what to have for a late lunch. I'm too hungry to just wait for dinner. I'm taking advantage of this wireless signal that has made it into our home. I think this is my first weekend post ever! A first indeed.

Good times yesterday. My day started with a much needed haircut. Chopped off the dry ends, about 4 inches, and re-layered it. We then headed off to the LA Zoo lot to meet up with our peeps for the shuttle. There were about 13 of us on the shuttle, but a total of 30-something once we got to our seats at the bowl. Everyone brought great food. We were asked to take a bottle of wine and appetizers, and everyone came through with yummy food. From many types of quiche, wraps, dips, to prosciutto wrapped asparagus and mozzarella/basil/tomato bites. We filled up. Then the show began. We heard some Robin Hood, Gone with the Wind, Superman, Catch me if You Can, Harry Potter, and the grand finale movie theme from Star Wars. It was awesome when all the Star Wars freaks busted out their light sabers. We left after the second encore to face the dreaded crowds herding back to the buses and cars. Made it home about 12:30am, but was a bit too tipsy *blushing* so the hubs & I headed to Carrow's [everyone else was either too sober or too drunk to join us] down the street. After struggling to stay awake thru my breakfast, we finally went home where I passed out in 5 seconds. Poor G had to work at 7am today. And he has another musical night ahead of him. Hopefully he can sneak in a power nap before we leave.

I'll post pictures tomorrow [my stolen connection is too slow to upload now] and I'll give a review of tonights show. Stay cool and have a great Sunday!




0 Comments: