Monday, July 23, 2007

WEEKEND RUNDOWN

Happy humid Monday party people. Hope everyone had a fab weekend. I know I did!


FRIDAY
Pretty chill. Dinner at the parentals casa and then just hung out for a while. Had some banging tostadas de lomo. Watched tv with my bro and knocked out. So that about sums up the evening.....boring....i know.

SATURDAY
Caught up on some much needed sleep and had a very very lazy afternoon. G & I then got ready and heady out to Carpinteria for my college friend's wedding. Thank gawd this time we got very little traffic and did not take 4 hours like last time. But at about Camerillo a crazy fog began to come in from the ocean. Sure enough we got up to my friends parent's house and the fog was pretty dense. We made it with about 10 minutes to spare before the ceremony. Talk about cutting it close.

The wedding took place at her parent's home. Beautiful home in the hills with a fantastic ocean view. The ceremony took place under 2 beautiful old trees in the front of the house and then the reception was in the backyard which is huge!!! The house was recently remodeled and looked fantabulous! The backyard could have easily fit another hundred guests. But they kept it intimate to just close friends and family. The color scheme of green, ivory, and black look way better than I could have imagined [I secretly think V has been lurking on the knot at knottie bios!] . The flowers were beautiful [ivory & green], the delicious organic [and I think vegan because it tasted just like the vegan cupcakes I made] chocolate cake, and the fab local band. Great times were had all around. G and I were honored to take part at such a wonderful evening. We didn't even mind the cold and fog we weren't prepared for.

Here are some cell phones pix of the wedding. Yes....smart me left my camera at work, so please excuse the grainy pics.













*** Congrats V & R! The new Mr. & Mrs. U! I was there before R and I couldn't wish for a more perfect man for V. So happy you two found each other! Welcome to the married club!


SUNDAY
G & I made it home around midnight from the wedding, but we still managed to wake up early. Shocker! Since we were awake we took advantage and went out for breakfast at my fav local organic eatery Le Pain Quotidien. mozzarella, and pesto sandwich, which came in 4 open faced pieces. It was very yummy! Since I had been craving their Smoked Salmon Omelette and the apricot jam. I made sure to buy some organic apricot jam this time. G had the turkey,we were already in Old Town we took advantage and did some shopping. Got a cute outfit at Forever21! Guess the hubby wasn't ready to go home because he then miraculously suggested we catch a matinée. We agreed on Harry Potter and headed over to Paseo to catch a noon showing. HP was good, but it wasn't great. I have enjoyed previous films a lot more. It was pretty dark, but a good time overall. I think it was the ending that I didn't like. Coulda been better. We then headed over to Borders to get a book we couldn't find at Barnes & Noble. After that we headed over my MIL's b-day dinner. And boy was it H-O-T hot! We called it an early day after that.

0 Comments: