Friday, October 12, 2007

A Noble Cause

Congrats to our former Vice President, Al Gore, on his Noble Peace Prize win! I think this is fantastic and is very well deserved. Now if only this man would run for President! I'd vote for him.....again.



I too have been pursuing a worthy cause in the last 2 weeks. Although not a cause as worldly and noble [or pursued as intensely and passionately] as Mr. Gore. Back in February I offered to make my sister-in-law's quince invites....like from scratch. I guess I had forgotten how torturous it had been to make my own. Of course, with all the drama that was my summer, I just now got around to making them. I really am my own worst enemy. When it came to design, I had very specific ideas, but alas so did my step-mother-in-law. Of course, both ideas were great, but I found it hard to design something I wasn't into. I guess that's why I don't do it for a living. Any who....so the design process ended up being way more difficult than expected. I fucking love Adobe InDesign, but that program drives me nuts sometimes! To make a long story short, I am way behind due to some glitches with the program and printing issues. Invites that should have been mailed a week ago are still being printed [as we speak....or type]. But I'm not too worried. People will still have at least 3 weeks to RSVP.

This task has really been stressing me out this week. I also haven't had time to read much and I'm afraid I won't be finishing my book club read this week. But speaking of my book, although I am only halfway, I am recommending it to everyone I know. It is an amazing story that is fabulously written. I've cried, I've laughed, I've been angry. What more could you ask for in a book. Make sure to pick up The Kite Runner. And you best believe I'll be checking out the film next month. I hope it lives up to the book, but film versions never do.

1 Comment:

gee said...

How many invites are you doing? If you need any help just holla, I have nothing to do this weekend but veg.