Monday, October 15, 2007

WEEKEND RUNDOWN

Happy Monday! It's so cool and gloomy outside today....i love it!

I had a lovely weekend. It didn't start out so promising, but it all turned around by Saturday evening.

FRIDAY
My sister came over to help me finish the 15ñera invites I was working on for my sister-in-law. My sister took off around midnight and I carried on until about 1am. I finally finished and passed out at about 1:30am. Stupid me forgot to take picks of my hard work. I guess I'll have to wait till we get our invite in the mail. I'll post picks then.

SATURDAY
I made it out of bed around 9:30am, showered and headed out to drop off the invites. I then went home to clean up the mess from the night before. Paper and ribbon bits were scattered all over our carpet. The hubs took off to work around 1:45pm. His first time closing in a long time. That left me with a lonely unplanned evening. I don't know why I didnt make plans knowing he'd be gone. Around 4:30pm I finally texted my brother to see what he was up to and we [including my cousin chris] ended up going to the movies to see "Across the Universe."

This film was sooooo good! I loved every minute of it. I want to see it over and over. The way the Beatles songs were so masterfully worked into the script was genius. 18 Beatles songs are featured in the film [so yes...this is a musical]. The 1960's anti-war, love, sex, and rock & roll backdrop made each song shine. I can't wait for this DVD.

After the film, we were all feeling in need a some serous smoking and meditation with more Beatles music. My brother headed home to pick up his hookah and then came over with a few other peeps. Great times were had with lots of smoking and drinking. I think I literally passed out at 2:30am. I couldn't stay awake any longer. The hubs didn't even make it to bed till 4am!!

SUNDAY
G had the day off so we decided to just stay in and lounge all day. We hadn't done that since we first got married [like it was that long ago]. So we stayed i n bed all day and watched football, read, ate, napped, etc. Good times. :-p

Also, I've learned my cousin Christy had baby, Noah, on Sunday afternoon. She had a really long and hard labor, but baby and mom are doing very well. Say hi to the newest member of the Gonzalez Clan! Congrats Christy & Jeremy!

1 Comment:

gee said...

Ahhh...stress free at last...huh. Glad to hear you finished up those invites.

What a cute baby gee!