Monday, October 22, 2007

WEEKEND RUNDOWN

Happy Monday campers. I hate Mondays....and today is no different. Except tonight on Heroes we finally get to see Peter Petrelli again! :x Also, Pasadena seems to have been spared by the wild Santa Winds. We usually get them bad, but so far not a leaf has been disrupted. Knock on wood we're also been spared from the brush fires.

On to the recap!

FRIDAY

Friday night we [the hubs, my brother, Chris, Mike & friend, BFF Leslie & friends] made the trek down to Torrance for Oktoberfest at Alpine Village. As always, it was a mad house, but at least it wasn't raining this year. Making our way to the front all you could smell was B.O. and barf. Disgusting!!! But once inside, all was good. The smell of wheaty beer and brauts filled the air. Once again this year we had a great time. I ended playing "Designated Dave" and therefore had a stein upon arrival and then sobered up for the drive home. Not so much fun to be part of the 1% sober club at Oktoberfest.






SATURDAY

The hubs worked all morning and I did jack shit [except for watch the UCLA game]. We then had an assome carne asada dinner at my parents house with my fav - tripitas. I stuffed my face and felt totally sick afterwards. The sad part was I ate way less than usual. My stomach hasn't been 100% lately. I've been having really bad pains in the afternoon [around the 5 o'clock hour] everyday. Although on this day I had been a bit nauseous since the morning.

SUNDAY

Sunday was a Saturday re-run. I continued to feel sick all day. I was also on a cleaning strike. I told G that I was spending my day off like him. I wanted to see what it was like to do jack shit on my days off. He usually plays xbox all day. I practically watched TV all day and did some reading. I, however, was not entirely successful. I can't stand dirty dishes in the sink and junk on the dining room table, so I did clean that. When G came home we went out for a sushi dinner with my brother, Chris, and Matt. Ichima does a body good. Not in my case though. Like clockwork, I had extreme stomach pains last night. [Warning: TMI] I spent a good amount of time in the crapper. Was not fun. I laid in bed and watched Desperate Housewives while the pain continued. Around 9:30pm the hubs made me some tea that works wonders on stomach aches and pains. My moms remedy - Yerbabuena del Serro. Looks like a bag of stress [if ya know what I mean *wink*wink*]. I also find that when made with lemon and salt it soothes faster. Maybe the acidity. And I don't really like how it tastes when sweetened [and I love everything "sal y limon"].


********************************
SIDE NOTE: We received my sister-in-law's 15ñera invite in the mail. You know...the one's I made for her. So I finally have pictures. Check em out.


1 Comment:

Darlene said...

Those invitations look incredibly professional! I especially like the fact that they are layered and held together with a ribbon to keep everything together.