Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Life Gets A Bit More Normal

After a crazy stressful [not to mention sucky] summer, things finally seem to be falling in place. I currently feel like a huge load has been lifted off my shoulders. Recently, our finances have been the source of much anguish in our lives. But in my hands I have 3 big fat checks to pay off 3 big fat credit card balances. This my friends, is fanfuckentastic!


Fall is my favorite month. October is my favorite month. Good things always come in October [other than my birthday on the 29th ;o)], and I knew this would be a great month too. So far so good.

I really wanted to blog about my weekend yesterday, but alas, work has held me captive. Today is also YouTube tuesday. I have not forgotten. I will post a video before I leave work today. Since it looks like I will not have much time to blog, I'll give you the condensed version of my weekend. Actually, just the highlights.

Friday - went to see "Into the Wild" with my brother and Chris. This film is absolutely beautiful! It was such a great film. I cried more than expected [yes, I cry....a lot]. But seriously, I can't even find the perfect word to discribe this film and how it made me feel. So man things I wish I was and could be. Maybe that's why I cried like a baby. That or knowing that its a true story, thereby making it that much more tragic. And the message is so wonderful - "happiness is only real when shared." So true. I get emotional just thinking about it. And the soundtrack done solely by Eddie Vedder weaves the story together. Check it out!


Saturday - G & I had an amazing breakfast at the Raymond restaurant. It was a first [and definitely not last] visit for both of us. We had both heard rave reviews and finally made it out. It ended up being quite an indulgence as the prices are on the higher end, but boy was it worth it. I had started with an English scone that was perfect and fresh out the oven. I also ordered the Chicken Hash [with onions, mushroom and bacon, two poached eggs ,and rosemary hollandaise sauce]. Everything was bursting with flavor. The hollandaise sauce was perfection. The best I've tasted, and this is one of the hardest sauces to master. All entrees are accompanied with country potatoes and toast that I didn't even touched because I was stuffed [but G said it was really good] and a slice of pineapple.G ordered the Lobester Omelet [with sautéed mushrooms, diced tomatoes and gruyere cheese] that was heaven. This was quite a leap for G to order seafood for breakfast, but he said it was the best breakfast he's ever had.
We definitely plan to head back. Although, maybe when we're not so strapped for cash. :)

So those were the highlights. Let's hope I get some more down time at work and can post more this week. Happy October everyone!

2 Comments:

gee said...

Damn Gee you making me hungry.
R and I are always looking for places to eat. I must keep this in mind for our next Sat. breakfast, thanks!

Angelica said...

I was always afraid at eating at there because back in the day someone told me their bill came to like $300! or some crazy shit like that. But damn dude Lobester Omelets y todo huh. I must try this place out.

And thanks for the movie suggestion. This may be the movie for our family night. Gracias!