Tuesday, October 23, 2007

YouTube Tuesday

What a day. A crazy 2 days. Lately I've been glued to all kinds of reports about the fir. For some reason though, I seem to be most concerned with San Diego. It baffles me considering I haven't lived there in over 3 yrs. But I guess we all look for a way to connect. Especially being so far from these fires. Living in these Pasadena/Altadena foothills that have been spared [knock on wood] it's easy to remain oblivious to the severity of the situation at hand and feel unaffected. But we are all affected one way or another.

The following video is of a San Diego news anchor giving a report from the site of his burning home. It's beyond sad. My heart goes out to him and the thousands of people that have been displaced by the fires. I've had a chance to check in with my SD friends, and they mostly live in the city, so they have not been affected by evacuations.

0 Comments: